Skip to content
- 1 human being starves to death every 3.6 seconds.
- Almost 18 Countries Produce Gold with Child Labor.
- 1.2 Million Children Trafficked Each Year.
- There are over 2,500 ancient languages that are either already extinct or in danger of being forgotten forever.
- When someone has a gun in their home, it is 22 times more likely for that the weapon to be used in a suicide or accidental shooting, rather than defense from invaders.
- People who are addicted to shopping are in a “loop of loneliness”. They shop because they’re trying to fill a void of loneliness, but the shopping only causes them to feel more lonely.
- Billions of people either live in areas without access to any water, or live in areas where others can buy water, but they just can’t afford it.
- You cannot expect people to help one another out of the goodness of their hearts. Studies show people are more likely to help a family member compared to a friend or a stranger because a family member is more likely to return the favor.
- 70% of people who are diagnosed with a blood disease need to rely on the kindness of a stranger to get a bone marrow transplant. Only 2% of Americans are on the donor list and at least 3000 Americans die every year because they could not find a donor.
- While much of the civilized world feels like they can’t “live” without WiFi, 25% of people in the world do not even have electricity.
You May Also Like